- Alberta Junior and Young Riders Compete in Kentucky Congratulations to Christina, Elexis, and Tess who qualified then traveled to compete at the 2013 North American Junior, Young Rider Championships in Kentucky." ... [read more]
- Alberta Dressage Association Announces Riders for Ulf Möller Symposium The following horse and rider combinations have been approved to ride in the Ulf Möller Symposium Aug 17, 18 at Horse in Hand Ranch just outside of Red Deer: Tess Novacek First Knight 3 yr old KWPN Trish Tweddell MJ Make Waves 4 yr old Canadian Warmblood Norma Jean Clayton Extra C 4 yr old KWPN Allison Hagerman Royal Blue 4 yr old Hanoverian Jenneke Hoogendoorn Pherarri 4 yr ... [read more]
- Upcomming Shows for September RECOGNIZED SHOWS August 30 - Sepember 1 AB Provincial Championships & CAADA Gold 2 Show September 13-14 Parkland Fall Festival Western Regional Dressage Championships (Gold) September 15 Parkland Fall Festival AEF Wildrose show SCHOOLING SHOWS September 28 Double W Dressage Series 2013 ... [read more]
- 2012 ADA Rider Award Winners Congratulations to all of the 2012 ADA Rider Award Winners who were presented their awards by newly elected ADA President, Lorrain Hill and Mane Event dressage clinician Tom Dvorak at the ADA Reception held at the Mane Event on Saturday, April 27/13. Dressage fans from all area groups were in attendance, making this event a terrific success. Here are the ADA Year End A... [read more]
- ADA Community Survey Results Are In! A big Thank You to all who participated in the Alberta Dressage Association Community Survey this spring. The project was a huge success with more than 120 respondents contributing! The survey results have been collected and reviewed in detail by the Board of Directors. The information gained is most valuable for future program development, determining allocation of fu... [read more]
- September 13-15, 2013 WILD ROSE FALL CLASSIC PRIZE LIST Is also ready to go at the bottom of this page!! PARKLAND DRESSAGE FESTIVAL PRIZE LIST Is ready to go at the bottom of this page!! The Prize List for the Wild Rose Fall Classic will be posted next week. This show will run for one day, Sunday Sept 15th. Riders must have an AEF membership to compete. 2013 PARKLAND DRESSAGE FESTIVAL UPDATE!! pre... [read more]
- ADA Year End Awards and Reception with Tom Dvorak The Alberta Dressage Association, Centerline Success (Sheri Dumonceaux) and the organizers of the Mane Event are hosting a reception with Canadian dressage icon and Mane Event dressage clinician Tom Dvorak. We would like to invite all dressage enthusiasts to drop in at the Lookout Room (upstairs in the Westerner main pavilion) between 3:30 pm and 5:00 pm on Saturday, April 27/13.&n... [read more]
- Cold Lake
- Peace Region
- Young Riders
Shows and Events
Welcome to the Alberta Dressage Association
Application for the 2013 ADA Horse & Rider Awards are due no later than November 30, 2013. Find the Criteria and Application Submission Forms on this website under "Resources" -- "FAQ's and Forms". We look forward to your submissions. The awards are presented at the AGM in 2014 (date, location, and details TBA).
It is our pleasure to welcome you to the official website of the Alberta Dressage Association. Whether you are a competitive rider, recreational rider, coach, sponsor, official, volunteer, or just love to watch dressage, we believe we have all the information you require to be involved in the sport of dressage in the Province of Alberta. The response to our ADA website has been very positive, and we strive to keep it up to date. Please help us by going to the "Contact Us" page and send us an email if you have news or information that we might share with dressage enthusiasts in Alberta and beyond. Someone will get back to you as soon as possible.
Introduction to the Alberta Dressage Association
The Alberta Dressage Association (ADA) is made up of seven Area Groups, each of which has a separate tab on this Home page. If you would like information that is specific to one of these groups, just click on their tab and you will be taken to their individual web pages for news of their activities.
Volunteers in each of these Area Groups are the heart and soul of dressage in Alberta. Their activities include offering a multitude of clinics with local, national and international dressage clinicians; organizing schooling shows for grassroots riders and riders looking for showing experience; organizing national shows with world class judges; and fundraising for all kinds of dressage-related causes. Click on "Shows", "Events" or "Clinics" for all the latest news on dressage activities throughout Alberta.
The combination of high quality coaching and shows offered in Alberta has resulted in a number of horse/rider combinations representing our province at national and international competitions. "News" and "High Performance" will take you to interesting information about these folks.
Each dressage show season in Alberta ends with the presentation of the Parkland Dressage Festival hosting the 2013 Western Regional Championships. The 2013 Alberta Provincial Championships will be hosted by CA/ADA at their show in Calgary from Aug.29-Sept.1st. For more information about these championship shows you can click on the "Shows & Events" tab.
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on the Alberta Dressage Association or any of the Area Groups.