- ** ADA HOSTS BOOTH AT MANE EVENT APRIL 25-27, 2014 ** The ADA will be hosting a booth in the trade show at the Mane Event Expo in Red Deer April 25-27, 2014. This will be a wonderful opportunity to showcase our sport and recruit new members and fans! Please consider volunteering to “man” the booth for a couple of hours over these three days. If you are interested please contact either Jean Duckering at jduckeri... [read more]
- AEF Dressage Symposium with Ellen Bontje AEF is very pleased to announce that we will be holding and hosting a Dressage Symposium with Dutch Olympic rider Ellen Bontje, June 7-8, 2014 at Kestrel Ridge Farm in Calgary, AB. This symposium is also being held as a fundraiser to send CIEC Team Alberta to compete in Blainville, Quebec in October 2014. The event is open to all auditors. The process for selection ... [read more]
- AGM and Revised By-Laws AGM on Saturday, April 26th at the Mane Event site in Red Deer. Time and exact location TBA. Proposed revised ADA by-laws to be passed at AGM ... [read more]
- WEB SITE EDITOR TRAINING - APR 26 Training on ADA Web Site editing will be held on April 26th from 2:30 to 3:30 pm at the Mane Event at the Lookout room. If you are the web site coordinator for your area group - this is the training session for you! The new editor tool makes updates to your are group pages and other pages on the web site easier to do. Caroline Locke, ADA Web Site Admnistrator, will... [read more]
- AGM & 2013 RIDER AWARDS The ADA will be hosting the Annual General Meeting and the 2013 Rider Awards Receiption on Apirl 26th from 4:00 to 5:30 at the Mane Event in the Lookout Room. Janet Foy will present the awards along with the ADA President, Lorraine Hill. Join your fellow Dressage enthusiasts, friends and ADA members from various locations throughout Alberta for some refreshments and cake.... [read more]
- Scribes Needed! The AJYR show committee is looking for scribes for May 9-11, 2014 for the AJYR Dressage classic. We will be able to reimburse some travel expenses up to 75.00 this year. Please call Kelly Wise 402-247-0649 or email email@example.com... [read more]
- Dressage Canada 2013 Rider and Horse Achievement Awards The ADA would like to congratulate the following riders and horses for their showing achievements in Equine Canada recognized shows in 2013. Training Level – Bronze Medal Bridget Simmonds and TD Tia Maria Norma-Jean Clayton and Extra C First Level – Bronze Medal Cheryl Choen and Sequoia Silver Annie Coward and SRO Mojita Suzanne Le Gars and Zenari Carolin... [read more]
- 2013 Lauren Dilanni Freestyle Award The ADA would like to extend its congratulations to Contessa Wise on achieving the 2013 Lauren Dilanni Freestyle Award for her second level Freestyle. This award is based on 3 scores of 67% or more at Second Level or higher, limited to registered riders. Riders who are registered participants in the Dressage Canada Rider Awards Program will be eligible to apply for a cash awa... [read more]
- Possible new area group???? Judge for yourself ……. Good luck to all of the competitors in the 2014 Winter Olympic Games!!!!!... [read more]
- Cold Lake
- Peace Region
- Young Riders
Shows and Events
Sepember 4-7, 2014
2014 Alberta Provincial Championships
& CAADA Gold 2 Showat RMSJ, Calgary
2014 Parkland Dressage Festival and Western Regionals
It is with regret that we announce that PA/ADA will not be hosting the September Fall Festival in 2014. Our show was typically run as either a Provincial,Wes...[read more]
Welcome to the Alberta Dressage Association
Application for the 2013 ADA Horse & Rider Awards are due no later than November 30, 2013. Find the Criteria and Application Submission Forms on this website under "Resources" -- "FAQ's and Forms". We look forward to your submissions. The awards are presented at the AGM in 2014 (date, location, and details TBA).
It is our pleasure to welcome you to the official website of the Alberta Dressage Association. Whether you are a competitive rider, recreational rider, coach, sponsor, official, volunteer, or just love to watch dressage, we believe we have all the information you require to be involved in the sport of dressage in the Province of Alberta. The response to our ADA website has been very positive, and we strive to keep it up to date. Please help us by going to the "Contact Us" page and send us an email if you have news or information that we might share with dressage enthusiasts in Alberta and beyond. Someone will get back to you as soon as possible.
Introduction to the Alberta Dressage Association
The Alberta Dressage Association (ADA) is made up of seven Area Groups, each of which has a separate tab on this Home page. If you would like information that is specific to one of these groups, just click on their tab and you will be taken to their individual web pages for news of their activities.
Volunteers in each of these Area Groups are the heart and soul of dressage in Alberta. Their activities include offering a multitude of clinics with local, national and international dressage clinicians; organizing schooling shows for grassroots riders and riders looking for showing experience; organizing national shows with world class judges; and fundraising for all kinds of dressage-related causes. Click on "Shows", "Events" or "Clinics" for all the latest news on dressage activities throughout Alberta.
The combination of high quality coaching and shows offered in Alberta has resulted in a number of horse/rider combinations representing our province at national and international competitions. "News" and "High Performance" will take you to interesting information about these folks.
Each dressage show season in Alberta ends with the presentation of the Parkland Dressage Festival hosting the 2013 Western Regional Championships. The 2013 Alberta Provincial Championships will be hosted by CA/ADA at their show in Calgary from Aug.29-Sept.1st. For more information about these championship shows you can click on the "Shows & Events" tab.
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on the Alberta Dressage Association or any of the Area Groups.