Welcome to the ALBERTA JUNIOR YOUNG RIDERS ASSOCIATION (AJYR)
The Alberta Junior Young Rider Dressage Program (AJR/YRDP) is an association of owners, riders, and individuals who are interested in:
- * Promoting the equestrian sport of dressage within the province of Alberta.
- * Developing equestrian skills in the sport of dressage.
- * Building a base for the future of dressage in Alberta by supporting the riders under the age of 25 years.
To identify any junior young rider with talent and desire, to compete for and represent his or her province and ultimately compete internationally for Canada through the following methods:
1. Communication - To inform all youth riders of dressage opportunities including but not limited to Alberta horseshows, Alberta Youth Dressage Development Program clinics as well as international opportunities such as the North American Young Riders Competition (NAYC) and what the prerequisites are for each.
2. Education - To help each interested riders develop their skills through provision of clinics, workshops, etc.
3. Funding - To seek financial support to help develop this program.
4. Publicity - To improve the awareness of our junior young riders and the sport of dressage through community involvement of this program.
5. Recognition -To initiate an award program in the province for individual achievement.
- To participate in the awards program.
- To support Dressage for juniors in Alberta.
- To wear a Junior/Young Rider Jacket.
- To meet other juniors in Alberta.
- To have a Rider Profile on the AJYR Instagram @ ajyrdressage
- To participate in subsidized educational clinics.
- To support Alberta teams in national and international competitions.
Alberta Youth Dressage Development Program (AYDDP)
The AYDDP's goal is to encourage youth participation in dressage. Learning opportunites are designed for all levels of riders and their personal goals with the intention of creating a lifelong love of dressage. These clinics will be geared towards either Division I (ages 6-13) or Division II (ages 14-25). This will also give participants a chance to interact and create friendships with other dressage riders throughout Alberta. For further information on upcoming clinics please refer to Young Rider Forms.
Members do not require passports for their horse.
Members will be eligible for the awards program. To qualify for awards and funding, members must be in good standing.
Parents may vote in lieu of their child's vote; however, to vote parents must be Associate Members. All parents are encouraged to become Associate Members.
Membership is open to riders under the age of 25.
- Must be a member of Alberta Junior/Young Riders in good standing.
- Must have shown in at least 2 Gold or Platinum dressage shows in Alberta in the current year, scores from NAYC will be included.
- Average will be calculated using the 3 highest scores from at least 2 shows.
- Freestyles will not be included in award calculations.
- Training, First, Second, Third and Fourth level awards may only be awarded once at each level to the same horse/rider combination.
Young Riders Jackets
All members are eligible to purchase and wear the Junior/Young Riders jacket and crest.
Jackets, along with other merchandise can be ordered online at: https://www.mystable.ca/alberta-junior-young-riders-dressage
2021 Young Riders Executive Team
Terri Van Lambalgen
Central Area Rep.
Southern Area Rep.
Northern Area Rep.